USS Accelerate (ARS-30) was a salvage ship in the service of the United States Navy.
She was originally built as the steam-propelled mooring tender Toteco by Kyle & Purdy, for International Petroleum. Either late in 1929 or early 1930, the vessel was renamed Walling.
World War II, 1942–1946
After the United States entered World War II, the Navy acquired her at New York City on 2 April 1942, classified her as a salvage vessel, ARS-30, on 11 April 1943, and simultaneously renamed her Accelerate. No conversion was deemed necessary to prepare her for Navy use. Between these last two events, she may have been used privately by the Merritt, Chapman, Scott Co. because the Navy accepted her back from the company on 5 September 1946.
Records on the ship's naval career are scarce and in some matters confusing, if not contradictory. It appears that Accelerate was assigned to the 3rd Naval District throughout her service in the Navy. She was apparently operated under contract with the Navy by the Merritt, Chapman, and Scott Co. in waters near New York City. Some evidence exists indicating that the salvage vessel was placed in commission on 15 March 1945, but, if so, no logs of her service have been found, and no record of her decommissioning has survived.