Auke Visser's Other Esso Related Tankers Site | home
Magnolia - (1950-1959)
Unfortunaly no picture available, anyone ?????
See also : Magnolia
Built in 1950, by Levingston Shipbuilding of Orange, Texas (hull# 459) as the Magnolia for the Magnolia Petroleum Company
of Vicksburg, Mississippi.
The tug was later acquired by the Socony Vacum Oil Company of New York, New York. Where she was renamed as the Socony 12.
In 1955, Socony Vacuum became Socony Mobil Oil Company. And in 1966 the company became the Mobil Oil Corporation.
Where the tug was renamed as the Mobil 12.
In 1979, she was sold and renamed the Leo F. Reichert.
In 1991, the tug was acquired by McAllister Towing of New York, New York. Where she was renamed as the Mary L. McAllister.
She was later acquired by the Gowanus Towing Company. Where she was renamed as the Victorious.
The tug was eventually scrapped.
She was a single screw tug rated at 1,200 horsepower.
The Miramar Ship Index for "MAGNOLIA"
1959 SOCONY 12 - 1960 MOBIL 12 - 1963 LEO F.REICHERT -
1991 MARY L.McALLISTER - 1997 VICTORIOUS